Summer is the time to enjoy refreshing food that pairs well with the warmer weather. That means preparing fresh fruit salads, cold pasta salads, and grilling galore! For the foodies that enjoy trying a new dish, you can use this healthy summer recipe list to try a new recipe every week for the remainder of Summer 2015.
Light Breakfast Recipes Country Style Breakfast Bake with Kale
- This easy to make recipe calls for fresh kale, spinach, and fat free ricotta cheese, but you can easily modify it to include any other vegetables you love! It preps in 10 minutes, cooks in 3 minutes, and can easily be packed in a small container for those on the go. Even better, this recipe is gluten free! ChickenSausage & Fluffy Scrambled Egg Whites
– Here is a great light breakfast with less than 200 calories that won’t leave you hungry in another hour! Fluff up some egg whites, heat up a few fully cooked apple maple chicken breakfast sausages and start your day the right way! Overnight Oats
– Great again for the breakfast lover on the go, overnight oats have become quite popular. This great recipe from Skinny Taste offers a healthier take on overnight oats by using almond milk, chia seeds, quick oats, and fresh fruit.
Light Summer Lunch Recipes Greek Salad with Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage
– Don’t ever eat a boring salad again! Prep a Greek salad and toss in a punch of flavor with spinach and feta chicken sausages. You will get the savory satisfaction normal salads don’t have and all while being healthy. Bowtie Caprese Toss
– Who said pasta salad can’t be light, served chilled, and healthy? This recipe is a twist on the classic caprese appetizer. Use either whole wheat or vegetable bowtie pasta to make it even healthier. Watermelon and Arugula Salad
– Featured on Food Network, this watermelon salad is a true treat and great way to mix up fruits and vegetables. It is light but doesn’t compromise on flavor by using a zesty lemon dressing and Parmesan cheese.
Summer Dinner Recipes Jamaican Glazed Plantains & Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
– Fire up the grill and get excited to try this delicious recipe. Bring together sweet and savory without compromising on being healthy! Chipotle Chorizo Chicken Sausage with Mango, Pineapple Salsa
– Say hello to this flavorful dish! It will satisfy both your sweet and savory food cravings. This light meal can be enjoyed chilled or warm and is the perfect dish to enjoy while sitting outside on the deck. Shrimp Ratatouille
– Bring together some colorful summer vegetables and shrimp in this delicious and light dish. This dish is quick to cook and is a great way to impress any guests.
Light and Delicious Desserts Peach Frozen Yogurt
– This is one of the easiest recipes for a healthy and yummy dessert out there. Just put a bag of frozen peaches, yogurt, honey, and some lemon juice into a blender and you have a great after dinner treat! Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream
– If you are looking for a summer dessert recipe that will wow others, try this Cooking Channel recipe. It brings together the sweet of the berries, the creamy texture of the ricotta cheese, and a little zing with the balsamic. Firecracker Ice Pops
– Martha Stewart offers this great recipe for ice pops that will not only taste good but look good too! It brings together strawberries, blueberries, and low-fat yogurt to make a tasty light summer dessert.
Now that you have all of the healthy summer recipes you’ll need for the next few weeks in one place, you can cross one thing off of your to-do list. Start your meal planning and shopping to get ready for this summer. Enjoy these recipes with friends and family while the warm weather lasts!