In the spirit of National Panini Month, mix things up with a hot pressed panini instead of an ordinary sandwich! Why eat a cold sandwich when you can have one that is warm and toasty? In many ways, paninis are a lot like grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with additional fillings, so they really do make for a tasty lunch. Not only do paninis serve as the perfect lunchtime meal, they make delicious breakfast and dessert items as well. If you are more in the mood for sweet and fruity, there is a panini for that. So don’t limit yourself! There are endless panini sandwich recipes to satisfy any appetite. Take a look at some of our favorite recipes
and tips to making the perfect panini. All you have to do is start grilling! How to Cook a Panini
Easy Grilling Methods
- In a Panini Press: Preheat the press, add your sandwich of choice and cook until golden and crisp. (Usually 3 to 5 minutes)
- On the Stove: Preheat a skillet with butter on medium low, add your sandwich, and then press a heavy pan on top to weigh sandwich down, cook until golden and crisp. (3 to 4 minutes per side)
What to Use
- Panini Press: Don’t let the name fool you! This grilling machine does more than just press panini's. You can cook omelets, bacon, chicken, shrimp, vegetables, pizza and much more.
- George Foreman Grill: This is another versatile grilling method to spice up your every day routine cooking. There’s no going wrong with the Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine.
- Grill pan and or/ skillet: It’s even easy to make a panini using your own cookware from home.
- Bread: Any type of artisan bread works perfectly, such as ciabatta, sourdough and french. Or even try using pita bread and english muffins.
- Cheese: Mozzarella melts incredibly fast, making it a great choice. Some more favorites are brie, havarti and cheddar.
- The Fillings: Turkey, bacon, avocado, onions, apples, eggs and lettuce – just to name a few. Make sure to add on your lettuce last to keep it nice and crispy.
- Tuscan Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage Panini: The flavoring of garlic, peppers, mozzarella, and chicken sausage come together perfectly on fresh Italian bread. Try the full recipe here.
- English Muffin Breakfast Panini: While your panini press is preheating, cook 1 egg white (lightly beaten) as for an omelet. Then, stuff your English muffin with 1 slice of cheddar cheese, our delicious chicken sausage, and the cooked egg white. Press sandwich until light brown.
- Challah Nutella Banana Panini: If you are craving something sugary for desert, or even breakfast, try this delicious recipe on some sweet challah bread.
Your options are endless. Combine all your favorite fillings, sandwich them between some bread, add cheese, and watch as it turns into toasted, melted goodness. Mix and match to create your own special recipes and celebrate the greatness of paninis with the rest of us! For more delicious sandwich and panini recipes take a look at our recipe page.